Incentives

Incentives pic-2Grants

Bluegrass Skills Training Grant-in-Aid Program

This grant provides up to 50 percent of funding for eligible training activities. The maximum funding amount for individual companies is as follows:

  • $25,000 (1-499 jobs)
  • $50,000 (500-plus jobs)

Some communities may match the other 50 percent for eligible training activities to provide a grant of 100 percent.

Kentucky WINS

This grant provides 65 percent of workforce training and assessment costs from the Kentucky Community & Technical College System. There is no dollar limit to this program. Some communities may match the other 35 percent for eligible training activities to provide a grant of 100 percent.

Tax Abatements and Credits

KBI Tax Credit

This credit can provide up to 100 percent of corporate income or limited liability entity tax arising from the project. The company may collect up to 100 percent of initial investment over a 10-year period as a credit against state corporate taxes.

KRA Program

This is a state tax credit for existing industries. Companies may receive up to 50 percent credit for equipment and 100 percent credit for training costs. The company must invest at least $2.5 million in capital investment.

Bluegrass Skills Training Investment Credit

This is a state income tax credit for existing industries which allows companies to recover 50 percent of training costs. It is limited to $500 per Kentucky resident, not to exceed $100,000 per company biennium.

KEIA Program

This program provides a refund of the sales/use tax paid for building and construction materials, research and development equipment, and electronic processing equipment (minimum $50,000 investment).

*To qualify, an eligible company must invest at least $500,000 in the project